Top Things of 2008 in No Real Order ®:
- The Option Key on my Macbook - Seriously, I love being able to make all the symbols with memorizing 4 button combos.
- 4th Edition Anticipation - The videos, the previews, the Penny Arcade teamup. Honestly if the product had lived up to my standards of not being an MMO tabletop game, 4th edition itself would be on the list.
- New Music - Current bands to follow that you might not are The Magic Bullets, Dusty Rhodes and the River Band and Akira the Don. Seeing the first two live and continuing a semi association with the third made this a good year for music.
- Interviews - Back before I deleted the old Majorca shows, we had a repoitre of semi-famous internet people including the unflappable KC Green, Scott Smith and Scott Hepting of Slackerz, Tyson Hesse of Boxer Hockey and ....more. Honestly I don't remember. Along with that, meeting Cee-Lo and Danger Mouse also top the list.
- Nerding - Honestly, 4th edition, a new WoW expansion, Dr Horrible and more make this a good year to be a nerd. While I don't play WoW anymore for a plethora of reason I note it due to my addiction demanding that I do.
- Zombie - Diary of the Dead, Left 4 Dead, Monroeville Mall and more. Zombies are back in the spotlight and with the WWZ movie aparently in the works, things look even brighter.
- Change - New politics after 8 years. Blah blah liberal junk.
- Webcomics - I've picked up good ones, dropped bad ones, I consider this a win.
- Superjail - Closest thing we have to a KC Green tv show so far.
- Movies - I'm seeing more and I'm liking what I am seeing.
- Wizards of the Coast - I dropped out of the Magic thing for various reasons leave me feeling jilted. My disappointment over 4th does little to assist. I'm leaning more towards indie games now. Next up, Serenity RPG!
- The Internet - Microcosm of humanity = we are a bunch of fuckers.
- Adult Swim Content - More crap than non crap as of now. I mean, the PJs? Not even Fox wanted them. Sure there is Superjail but most of the other stuff is horrible.
- Fast Zombies - Just.....no
- Sloth - Why can't it be a purple squishy blob....
- Vista - I am using a Mac now, aren't I?
- Anime/Manga - Overall, less creativity than the Saturday morning kids cartoon lineup. Some shining stars in it but overall, avoid, avoid, avoid.