Tuesday, February 24, 2009

On Other Blogs

I'm not usually a fan of blogs which makes me blogging be all the more of an irony. I understand that some people will actively search the Internet for a blog to read that shares their opinion, has an inside connection or what have you. I am not one of those people. I might look for a review of a movie but it is usually quicker to look elsewhere or to use Rotten Tomatoes. I might want an opinion of a tv show and what happened but checking a Wiki for that article is usually more effective. Essentially my problem is efficiency in reading what other people write when I can just find the abridged professional version elsewhere. Or at least, that is why I used to think.
During the time that I have spent writing the blog, I've been introduced to a plethora of people who share the same passion about blogging whether it is their own views on web comics, tv shows or what have you. While I don't read them as often as I read web comics, their passion has touches my feeble little nerd heart. These bloggers are the future writers for newspapers (or whatever steps in).

On another note, those Yahoo bloggers who I figure get paid for what they write, have varying levels of skill and I mostly ignore them. Except for Eat This/Don't Eat This Guy. That stuff is like food erotica for me. I read the number of calories and my mouth starts to drool. And then I read the description. If it weren't for the healthy alternatives I'd have probably fouled several pairs of jeans. I mean, you go from meat loves deep dish to arugla and ham on thin crust pizza. Anti boner. Its like a bunch of naked senior citizens in the rain. Funny but oh so very very very wrong. 

Check back tomorrow for a little something special.

No comments: